Girl Scout Brownie: Grades 2-3
Good Friends, Great Fun!
Girl Scout Brownies try lots of new things! When you have learned enough about subjects like dance, cooking, or camping, you get a Brownie 'Try-It' to put on your sash or vest. This shows the world that you are an expert in that subject! As a Brownie you will explore your neighborhood, your city and maybe even your state, through day trips and overnight outings. Friendship and fun activities designed for girls just your age begin at your Girl Scout Brownie meeting, where you work together as a group to reach goals like selling a lot of Girl Scout Cookies to fund a trip or planning a holiday dinner for a needy family. Brownies can also participate in other Girl Scout Pathways and do not have to be part of a troop.
Cozy up around a warm camp fire with all your Girl Scout Sisters. Learn new crazy camp fire songs an.. more
Girls now have three series of National Leadership Journeys to choose from! It's Your World - Change It, It's Your Planet - Love It, and It's Your Story - Tell It! On every Leadership Journey, everything girls do—whether it's performing science experiments, creating art projects, cooking simple meals, or learning to protect the planet's water supply—is aimed at giving them the benefits of the Girl Scout "Keys to Leadership": Discover, Connect, Take Action. Learn about all the Girl Scout Journeys here.
Typical Activities for Girl Scout Brownies:
- Visiting a zoo to feed baby animals and then learning about their care.
- Working on Girl Scout Brownie Try-Its: decorating a T-shirt, learning a magic trick, exploring life on the prairie.
- Planning an overnight to celebrate reaching a goal.
- Camping and making s'mores over a campfire.
- Learning to swim at summer camp.
- Having a neighborhood scavenger hunt to collect items for a food pantry.
- Taking part in a Girl Scout Journey - an eight week themed program developed just for them!