Girl Scout Senior: Grades 9-10
Leading Adventures, Taking Action!
Starting high school is an exciting and busy time. Senior Girl Scouting has activities, events, clubs and groups to suit your schedule and interests. You can seek an outdoor thrill like camping, kayaking, or mountain biking, become an activist for a cause that is important to you, or just make smoothies and chill out with other girls in a girls-only zone!
And you're never too old to join! If you are not already a Girl Scout, you don't have to worry about what you've missed - just look forward to what you can experience NOW!
Girls now have three series of National Leadership Journeys to choose from! It's Your World - Change It, It's Your Planet - Love It, and It's Your Story - Tell It! On every Leadership Journey, everything girls do—whether it's performing science experiments, creating art projects, cooking simple meals, or learning to protect the planet's water supply—is aimed at giving them the benefits of the Girl Scout "Keys to Leadership": Discover, Connect, Take Action. Learn about all the Girl Scout Journeys here.
Typical Activities for Girl Scout Seniors:
- Making your wardrobe "sew glam."
- Being part of a group or club for things like yoga or rock climbing.
- Spending two weeks at summer resident camp putting on a musical production with plenty of breaks for the usual outdoor fun too.
- Taking action in your community to raise awareness about issues such as cyber bullying.
- Traveling across the country or around the world to explore culture, science, the outdoors and more through Girl Scout Destinations.
- Earning a Girl Scout Gold Award (download Guidelines here).
- Taking part in a Girl Scout Journey - an eight week themed program developed just for girls like you!