Ludington Little House

Ludington Little House has been a mainstay in Mason County Girl Scouting for over 50 years. The original piece of land for the building was donated to Ludington Girl Scouts in 1953 by Mr. & Mrs. Fred O. Lagesen. During that year, local contractor, Oscar Nelson, proceeded to build the existing block building for the cost of $3,394.00. Much of the materials and most of the labor was donated. In 1960, Mr. & Mrs. Floyd Obel donated a second parcel of land to local Girl Scouts (then the Pine Tree Girl Scout Council) to complete the corner lot. Throughout the years, Girl Scouts from Crooked Tree Council worked together in raising funds for renovations to the building that is now a part of Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore Council and available to all registered members.

The Troop House is located within the city limits of Ludington and is ideal for day use (up to 45 people) or overnights.

Facilities and equipment include:

  • Kitchenette
  • Half-bath
  • Grills and fenced yard
  • Sleeping space and mats for up to 20


    Girl Scout Troop or Service Unit Rentals and Prices
    Day Use: $15
    1 Night: $25
    2 Nights: $50
    Deposit: $25
    Availability: All year
    Capacity: 20 (sleeping space) 45 (day use) 

    Outside Group Rental Fees
    Day Use: $20
    1 Night: $50
    1 Night Non-profit: $40
    2 Nights: $70
    2 Nights Non-profit: $55 
    Deposit: $25
    Availability: All year
    Capacity: 20 (sleeping space) 45 (day use) 

    No events at this time.
    follow us: