side menu icon
6.1 Camp Anna Behrens Hero

Camp Anna Behrens

The original campsite, which was located on Lake Michigan, was given to the Girl Scouts on March 12, 1946, by Dr. Charles A. Behrens as a memorial to his mother and father, Anna and August Behrens. Anticipating the possible growth of Girl Scouting, Dr. Behrens generously provided for the sale of the Lake Michigan property toward the purchase of a new larger site. The original site on the big lake was 40 acres; the property purchased in 1960 brought it to over 500 acres.

That new site, near Greenville, was ideal for all of the activities that girls might enjoy. The camp's current 468 acre property includes:

  • Three lakes, a river, marshes and a small moving sand dune
  • Meadows, an old Christmas tree farm and large stands of pine and hardwood trees
Facilities
  • Sherwood Lodge, our LEED certified dinning hall with modern kitchen
  • Lodging options include platform tents, two large cabins for larger groups and two smaller cabins
  • Modern shower houses with flush toilets
  • Waterfront for swimming and canoeing (seasonal)
Rental Information
Directions