GSMISTS Family Champion Campaign
Girl Scouts offers girls ages 5-17 exciting opportunities! They make new friends, learn new skills and have great adventures - all while learning to become young leaders and make a difference in their communities. The happy, excited faces of girls who are doing things they are passionate about - these are the images that we see in our Girl Scouts!
But making sure that Girl Scouts is available to every girl who wants to participate, and that our programs are of the highest quality, requires a great deal of work that is not so visible. This includes:
- Providing financial aid to girls from economically disadvantaged families.
- Training our wonderful adult volunteers so they can work successfully with girls each year.
- Ensuring that our professional staff are out in the community to support volunteer leaders and to deliver high-powered programs.
- Making sure that we have the technology to connect all of our volunteers and professional staff across our 30 county council!
So What's 343?
It costs GSMISTS approximately $343 to serve one girl for one program year. That includes the cost of volunteer materials and training, program development, financial aid (no girl is ever turned away from Girl Scouts because of financial need!), camp/property maintenance, communications, council oversight and more!
Why Do We Need Your Help?
While it costs $343 to support one girl for one year of Girl Scouts, the United Way and Girl Scout Product Sale Programs defray only $311 of that cost. That leaves $32 per girl to be raised through families, friends and the community. You can help us continue to provide the life-changing Girl Scout Leadership Experience by becoming a Family Champion today!
What Can Your Dollars Make Happen?
- A $25 donation will give one girl the chance to participate in a council event or series.
- A gift of $50 provides a vest, insignia and Girl Scout Journey book for a girl who doesn't have the financial means to participate in Girl Scouts.
- A $100 donation will provide 11 adult volunteers with core leadership training.
- $343 will underwrite an entire year (365 days) of Girl Scouts of one girl.
- A gift of $550 will send two girls to Resident Summer Camp for a week!
You Can Even Get a Family Champion Patch!
Every girl whose family donates at least $25 will receive the 2013 commemorative Family Champion Patch!
Make your secure online donation here or call Melanie Prins at 866.566.7434 x 145.
You can make a difference in her life. Invest in her future today.