Power of Girl Scouts
Boy Scouts changed their name to Scouts of America BSA, so let's clear up some confusion:
- Girl Scouts is a completely separate organization.
- Girl Scouts are definitely still scouts.
- Only Girl Scouts has the programming, research, and experience to give girls the support they need in today's world.
With time-honored, data-backed insight into the needs and interests of girls, Girl Scouts of the USA empowers 1.8 million girls to lead, learn, and thrive. Whether our girls are camping with newfound survival and wilderness skills, building robots, learning entrepreneurship, designing science experiments, creating art, or brushing up on cyber-security—we have a badge for that.
But beyond the badges and awards, the true heart of Girl Scouts is raising confident, independent, and successful young women in an environment of inclusion, safety, fun, and civic action. Learn more about how Girl Scouts are putting girls first.
Feeling revved up about the Girl Scouts, or hearing some outdated opinions and myths about our organization? Here are four things you can do about it:
Share what Girl Scouts is all about on Facebook, Twitter, and
Instagram. Mix and match our suggested copy with one of
these photos (or one of your own):
- All-girl spaces like Girl Scouts create a safe environment for girls to be themselves, ask questions, seek support, and create life-long bonds of friendship and sisterhood. #becauseofGirlScouts #PowerofGIRL #GirlScoutStrong
- Girl Scouts is built on the idea that a research-based, all-girl, girl-led environment helps raise girls of courage, confidence, and character. #becauseofGirlScouts #PowerofGIRL #GirlScoutStrong
- For over a century, Girl Scouts has been the strongest leadership program for girls, teaching them everything from outdoors skills to programming, grounded in an environment of inclusion, civic action, and self-confidence. #becauseofGirlScouts #PowerofGIRL #GirlScoutStrong
- Girl Scouts is the BEST-suited organization to offer girls unparalleled opportunities to learn 21st-century skills and empower themselves with the experiences they need to succeed in life. #becauseofGirlScouts #PowerofGIRL #GirlScoutStrong
- Talk about your personal Girl Scout experience! Start conversations on and offline about why Girl Scouts is important, and share what Girl Scouts has done for your girls using the hashtag #becauseofGirlScouts. What skills have your girls learned? How have they grown as leaders? What opportunities have they found through Girl Scouts?
- Invest in girls and change the world. We believe that when girls succeed, so does society. Donate now.
- Help stop confusion! Girl Scouts is the best leadership program for girls, and we at Girl Scouts know that. There are a lot of myths about what Girl Scouting means. Share this article to help bust any myths you might hear about Girl Scouting: Be a Girl Scout Myth Buster!
- Keep in touch. Girl Scout Alum are a vital part of sharing the Girl Scout Experience with the rest of the world.