Girl Scouts and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access
For more than 100 years Girl Scouts has stood for making the world a better place, and pledged to “help people at all times.” Those words carry great weight and responsibility and inspire us with strength as we denounce institutional racism, violence, injustice, and inequity.
Resources for Troop Leaders & Volunteers
Whether you're a parent/caregiver or Girl Scout troop leader, offering a safe space for your girl to talk about important issues is vital. Review these resources as you navigate discussions.
Safety Activity Checkpoints
Ways to Learn
The following resources serve as a starting point for conversation and education.
Girl Scout Resources
Ways to Take Action
As a girl-led organization we support our Girl Scouts' passion and
desire to make a difference within their own communities.
- Girl Scouts of the USA Civic Engagement
- Girl Scouts of the USA Advocacy
- Earn the D.I.V.E.R.S.I.T.Y. Patch Program created by Siver Award Girl Scouts from GSMISTS
- Earn the Diverse. Inclusive. Together. Patch from Girl Scouts of River Valleys
- Help Your Kids Take Action Against Racism
Bronze. Silver. Gold. These represent the highest honors a Girl Scout can earn. All three awards give girls the chance to do big things while supporting an issue they care about. Highest Award Girl Scouts are impacting the worlds of STEM, education, agriculture, medicine, and culture.