Become an eco explorer as you get hands-on experience with environmental issues and help make positive changes to the environment.
WHAT THEY'LL LEARN:
When girls have earned this badge, they’ll have researched different environmental issues and taken at least one trip to see how an area is impacted.
Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore Tips and Resources
National Service Project - Citizen Science: Curious about the Citizen Scientist National Service Project? Hear from GSMISTS Astronomy Club members Paris and Emma as they dive into what Citizen Science is and how you can participate!
1. Meet an eco explorer
2. Explore biodiversity
3. Investigate a global ecosystem issue
4. Plan a trip to explore and work on an issue
5. Share what you learned
PLAN YOUR MEETING:
- Video demonstration: Watch Step 3 of this badge.
- National Service Project: Citizen Science
- Leading an engaging Senior meeting: Recommendations for facilitating group conversations, handling supplies, and organizing your meeting
- Digital ice breakers and games
- Virtual meeting agenda (PDF): Use this resource to help you adapt the meeting plans found in the Volunteer Toolkit
- Step-by-step planner: Sign-in to the Volunteer Toolkit to find instructions for meeting 1 and meeting 2 of this badge including, materials lists, scripts, meeting aids, and more.