Active volunteers registered for the current Girl Scout membership year and who hold a troop leadership role. There should be at least two volunteers with access to the same troop account in the VTK.
The VTK gives you program content and other resources to manage your troop planning all year long—and keep it going smoothly!
- Plan the troop’s calendar year. The VTK offers two resources for planning your troop’s time: Year Plans and Meeting Agendas.
- E-mail parents with one click.
- Easily locate both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints .
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy - Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options. Daisy, Brownie and Junior leaders can access pre-populated plans for every meeting.
- Cadette, Senior and Ambassador leaders can access planning features.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Complete the troop’s annual finance report using the Finance Tab.
Resources for Troop Leaders: