To help provide even more camping opportunities for Girl Scouts, we have partnered with camps who can provide extra programming.
GO·REC (Greilick Outdoor Recreation & Education Center)
GOREC is your destination for outdoor adventure education in the Great Lakes region. People of all ages can train in adventure leadership, outdoor skills, and recreational safety. Our outdoor classroom is 500 wooded, lakeside acres in northern Michigan where you can hike, bike, kayak, and rock climb. Rent campsites, bunkhouses, and cottages to explore the outdoors and support education. Come see for yourself!
GO•REC Website: www.exploreGOREC.org
As part of our partnership with GSMISTS, we offer girl scout troops a 40% discount on lodging facilities year-round. Visit www.exploreGOREC.org and use code GS2020 to reserve the following discounted facilities:
- Six, four-season bunkhouses, each sleeping 20. Bunkhouses are equipped with kitchens, and restrooms.
- Six, three-season cottages which sleep four people on bunk beds. Electricity and access to a showerhouse provided.
- Eleven rustic campsites with access to fire pits, latrines and showerhouses.
- Three adirondack shelters with access to a group fire pit, pavilions and latrines.
Subject to availability, we can also offer a 40% discount for programming facilities (GO•REC programming, equipment and staffing available for additional fee):
- A 3-season dining hall with commercial kitchen (250 person capacity)
- Outdoor picnic pavilion (100 person capacity)
- Ham radio building (must provide program leaders)
- Archery range
- Rifle/pistol/BBgun/air rifle/muzzleloading range
- Shotgun range
- Climbing tower
- Zip line
- Low ropes course
- Waterfront for swimming, boating, fishing. Boats and fishing equipment are available for rent.
In addition, we can offer a 40% discount on equipment rentals, subject to availability:
- Fishing rods and reels
- Adult and child snowshoes
- GlideLite snow trekkers
Girl Scout Exclusive Weekend Dates
To reserve facilities or lodging during Girl Scout Exclusive Weekend Dates below, call 231-946-4263 or email email@example.com:
- April 24-26: CANCELED
- June 5-7 : CANCELED
- December 4-6
To secure programming, call 231-946-4263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Troops will still need to submit a trip activity form for overnight trips and high risk activities when using GOREC. Please refer to our Activity and Trip Planning Guide for more information.