To help provide even more camping opportunities for Girl Scouts, we have partnered with camps who can provide extra programming.
GO·REC (Greilick Outdoor Recreation & Education Center)
GOREC is your destination for outdoor adventure education in the
Great Lakes region. Our outdoor classroom is 500 wooded, lakeside
acres in northern Michigan where you can hike, bike, kayak, and rock
climb. Rent campsites, bunkhouses, and cottages to explore the
outdoors and support education. Come see for yourself!
As part of our partnership with GSMISTS, we offer Girl Scout troops a 40% discount on lodging facilities year-round. Visit www.exploreGOREC.org and use code GSMISTS2021GOREC to reserve the following discounted facilities:
- Six, four-season cabins, each sleeping 20. Cabins are equipped with kitchens and restrooms.
- Six, three-season mini-cabins which sleep four people on bunk beds. Electricity and access to a showerhouse provided.
- 68 rustic campsites with access to fire pits, latrines and showerhouse with modern plumbing and hot water.
- Three adirondack shelters with access to a group fire pit, pavilions and latrines.
Subject to availability, we may be able to a offer a discount for event space or equiptment:
- A 3-season dining hall with commercial kitchen (250 person capacity)
- Outdoor picnic pavilion (100 person capacity)
- Firebowl Amphitheater
- Special use areas include the Waterfront, Archery range, Fireann ranges, Low ropes, and Climbing tower. These require specific supervision and must be reserved directly.
We may be able to offer a discount on equipment rentals, subject to availability:
- Fishing rods and reels
- Ice fishing equiptment
- Adult and child snowshoes
- GlideLite snow trekkers
- Cross Country skis
Troops will still need to submit a trip activity form for overnight trips and high risk activities when using GOREC. Please refer to our Activity and Trip Planning Guide for more information.