Blue Book of Basic Documents
This document contains all of the basic documents of Girl Scouts of the USA and is the foundation for the work of all Girl Scout Councils. Download
Voting Members of the Corporation (Council) are convened at the council's Annual Meeting and special meetings of the corporation to elect the board of directors and board development committee, and National Council delegates/alternates as appropriate, in addition to approving council bylaws. Voting members of the corporation include the board of directors, the board development committee, and the delegate body.
The Board of Directors consists of community members elected at the Annual Meeting by the voting members of the corporation. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) serves as an ex officio non-voting officer of the Corporation.
The Board Development Committee is elected by the voting members of the corporation to prepare and present a single slate of nominees to be considered for election to the board of directors, board development committee, and every three years, as National Council delegates and alternates.
The Delegate Body consists of members age 14 and above and adult volunteers elected in their Service Units. Please scroll to the page bottom for delegate position descriptions.
Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore (GSMISTS) is seeking talented and visionary leaders to serve on the council board of directors. It is seeking individuals who are recognized community and business leaders, committed to girls' leadership experiences. Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) and GSMISTS are fully committed to diversity.
Serving on the board of directors is an excellent way to:
- Provide strategic leadership to Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore
- Develop & practice the skills and values of governance stewardship; &
- Serve your community
2018 Board of Directors
- Deborah Hughes, Board Chair
- Verna George, 1st Vice Chair
- Gail Montgomery, Board Treasurer
- Judy Dennis, Board Secretary
2018 Members at Large
- Theresa Van Veelen
- Karen Feahr
- Sharron Pitts
- Shannon Wilson
- Omar Hall
- Shannon Wilson
- Judy Greer
- Holly Little
- Jessie Jones
- India Adams Manns
- Brenda Lindberg
- Amanda Miscisin
2017 – 2020 National Council Delegates and Alternates
- Deborah Hughes -- National Council Delegate, Board Chair
- CEO -- National Council Delegate, CEO
- Rosemary Mills -- National Council Delegate
- Kerten Unseld -- National Council Delegate
- Savahanna Valiere -- National Council Delegate
- Pamm Huether -- National Council Alternate
- Hannah Pins -- National Council Alternate