Do you want to help people learn how Girl Scouts can change their lives?
The Membership Recruitment Manager talks to parents and girls about joining our organization and helps identify new volunteers who want to bring Girl Scouts to their local communities. The right candidate is an outgoing, self-motivated, goal-oriented team player who likes to provide strategic solutions, tell the story of Girl Scouting via presentations, and network with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions, and other community constituents. This individual will attend and host events, in-person and virtually, across a designated territory and have a direct impact on the overall fiscal success of Girl Scouts of Michigan Shore to Shore (GSMISTS) by bringing the Girl Scout experience to more girls and adults across their territory.
A day in life…
• Increase membership of girls and adults for GSMISTS in the designated territory
• Meet and exceed recruitment goals by developing effective customer service and recruitment strategies through
organization, effectiveness, persistence, and exceptional time management
• Identify and seek new member prospects.
• Establish, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with organizations and leaders to secure opportunities
• Promptly follow up on leads and referrals
• Coordinate and schedule in-person or virtual sessions to meet with prospective members in a variety of settings and venues; prepare and present information to audiences intended to increase awareness, interest, and membership in GSMISTS
• Work with all council departments to ensure new member council goals are met; work with the regional team to determine or develop innovative techniques ensuring the effective delivery of recruitment strategies and new member placement.