Promote and extend Girl Scout program by planning and implementing membership strategies for the cultivation, recruitment and retention of girl and adult members in assigned areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure continuity of Girl Scout program in assigned areas by recruiting, supervising, and developing volunteers who will ensure membership opportunities for girls ages 5-17 of all racial, ethnic, religious, socio-economic and disability groups. Ensure girl and adult safety through promotion of safe practices.
2. Through analysis of community needs, demographic data and membership statistics, develop, design and conduct recruitment of girls.
3. Work with Service Unit volunteers to implement innovative approaches to program ensuring the development and delivery of local collaborative programs aligned to and supporting the Girl Scout leadership experience.
4. Assist Service Unit volunteers with girl and adult member recruitment, mentoring, training, and rectifying conflicts.
5. Support council functions through promotion of council sponsored activities, meetings, and volunteer opportunities.
6. Interpret and promote Girl Scouting to the community. Cultivate the interest and support of key community leaders, family members, institutions and business organizations.
7. Develop annual operating budgets for membership services, operate within budget, economizing where possible, to ensure quality services are provided.
8. Other duties as necessary and when assigned.